Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Traveling Pants

so there's this loop in my pants... where it's frayed and ripped since they drag quite a bit on the ground when i walk. i guess they've been fraying and falling apart for quite a while. in fact, almost all of my pants are fraying at the bottom. but i realize... that i dont really care. i dont know when and i dont know how it happened, but pants just seem to become MADE for fraying. i remember the days when i never even wanted to wear newer clothes because then i'd have to wash them and then they'd fade and it would make me sad. have i turned more materialistic? does knowing that new pants can just be bought make me more... i dunno... different? or maybe i wear my pants to fray them. i think i find some kind of satisfaction in seeing them worn and torn until i have to cut off the extra pieces that hang off. i guess it makes them more comfortable. theres something more rugged and "cool" about having frayed and torn pants. of course, there're the people who spend like 50 bucks on a pair of pants with holes and paint all over it. ok. that's just retarded. i wouldnt spend that much money on a pants like that. LAME.

1 comment:

  1. my mom nags me about my frayed pants all the time.

    ReplyDelete